Good News Conflict Management – Providing hope and help for those in need.
As if being injured on the job wasn’t enough of a difficult experience for you, you are now dealing with a difficult workers comp insurance company. Maybe your employer is giving you a hard time about your claim, or you already had your claim denied; either way, the right information might be able to help you get things straightened out.
First, you need to know that your employer does not have the right to deny your workers comp claim, and they must notify the insurance company if you’ve been injured in an accident at work. Next, the insurer can only deny your claim if they have good reason. If you’ve followed all the steps, you should be eligible to receive the benefits owed to you after a work-related injury.
What Are the Steps for Submitting a Workers Compensation Claim?
The steps vary slightly from state to state, but here are the basic steps involved in submitting a work comp claim after an on-the-job accident.
- Step 1 – You will need to notify your employer of your accident right away. You are usually given a very short window of time to notify your employer.
- Step 2 – Seek medical treatment for your injuries, and document all medical treatment and related expenses.
- Step 3 – If your injury is serious enough to require you to miss work, you can submit your case to the insurer. There will be paperwork involved. You will likely need to provide evidence that shows your injury occurred at work or because of your work duties.
- Step 4 – If your claim is denied, you can file an appeal. The insurer may need more information about your accident or your injuries.
The reasons insurers deny claims include the following:
- Not enough evidence
- You submitted your claim too late
- Problems with the paperwork
- Your injuries didn’t occur at work.
When an insurer denies your claim, you need to find out why. You will then need to submit an appeal and provide the information requested.
Managing Conflict Through Better Information
Need help resolving a conflict between you and your employer or the workers compensation insurer?
Better information can help you to resolve the issues you’re facing with your workers compensation claim. If you still aren’t able to get the insurance company to accept your workers compensation case, you can also contact an attorney, such as the workers compensation attorneys in Fayetteville, for assistance. Conflict resolved.